The mission of the CHWCMR is to increase the capacity and competencies of CHWs/CCs for meeting the needs of underserved communities by creating sustainable opportunities, implementing innovative solutions, and cultivating productive partnerships. CHWCMR is seeking applicants for a part-time Finance and Operations Manager. The Finance & Operations Manager oversees the organization’s financial, administrative and operational activities. The Finance & Operations Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and will work closely with the Board’s Finance and Audit Committee. Job responsibilities include:
Financial Systems Management (80%) • Manage all accounting functions including accounts payable/receivable, grant tracking and reporting, bank reconciliations, month-end close, and financial reporting. • Ensure compliance with GAAP standards and other regulatory requirements. • Maintain updated chart of accounts and general ledger. • Process payroll and benefits through payroll platform, manage staff payroll allocations. • Develop, maintain and implement effective internal controls. • Lead the process to prepare the annual budget and assist in the development of program and grant budgets.
General Organizational Systems and Program Management (20%) • Ensure completion of local, state and federal filings, registrations, and licensing. • Continually inform and train staff on best practices regarding cyber-security, password management, computer maintenance and data management. • Oversee software purchases and licensing. • Maintain and continually improve organizational systems to support a robust internal infrastructure, to meet the needs of staff and the organization. • Maintain all building lease contracts, sub-leases, room rentals and temporary rental contracts such as storage space, event space, and meeting space. • Manage and monitor equipment leases and equipment maintenance contracts. • Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures • Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings • Ensure project deadlines are met • Provide administrative support as needed • Organize, attend and participate in stakeholder meetings • Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective for each project
Communication Responsibilities • Maintain transparent communication with the Executive Director on all financial and programmatic issues. • Maintain respectful communication with all community health workers and community champions and resolve any issues regarding project management, reimbursement or scheduling. • Provide reports as required to the Board of Directors and attend Board meetings to respond to any questions by Board Members.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: • 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in nonprofit administration with direct experience in accounting and human resource management.
• Bachelor’s degree in business management, accounting, nonprofit administration, public administration or similar field, or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
• Substantial knowledge of nonprofit accounting principles and procedures.
• Strong computer literacy in QuickBooks accounting system and Excel.
• Demonstrated commitment to ethical business practices, and ability to generate trust and credibility with colleagues across all levels of the organization.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
• Strong organizing, planning, and problem-solving skills and Integrity.
• Bilingual Spanish/English strongly preferred with demonstrated cultural and linguistic competencies • Experience supervising accounting or administrative staff. • Experience prepare budget for grants and projects
• Experience using G Suite, Online Quickbooks, Adobe, and Dropbox.
Submit a resume and a cover letter to: Ileana Ponce, MD, MPH firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer