On Tuesday, March 9, Kaiser Permanente will publicly announce the launch of the COVID-19 equity public education campaign.
The campaign consists of:
· Collaboration with social media-influencers whose trusted voices deliver COVID-19 prevention messages to specific communities, including Black/African American, Latinx, and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander audiences;
· Bilingual public service announcement advertisements prioritizing to Latinx and Black/African-American audiences; and
· Financial support and resources for community-based organizations across the country.
To date, the effort has:
· Engaged more than 135 social media micro-influencers.
· Supported two public service announcement advertising campaigns, along with consumer-facing carrying COVID-19 prevention messages that prioritize African-American (loveprotectsus.org) and Latinx (hazloporamor.org) audiences.
· Provided $5 million in grants to support dozens of nonprofit and community-based organizations that are providing direct assistance to those most affected by COVID-19.
Developed a digital download center (covidcommunityresources.org) with free resources to complement the existing work of community-based organizations of all kinds in their tireless efforts to protect the people in their communities from COVID-19